1 tilapia fish
2 inches ginger julienned
3 stalks spring onion (1 julienned, 2 cut into segments)
2 tablespoons of cooking oil
1 tablespoon of shaoxing wine / chinese rice wine
4 tablespoons of steamed fish soy sauce
Dash of pepper
Some coriander and chili for garnishing
1. Season the fish with ginger, spring onion, pepper and shaoxing wine.
2. Spread spring onion segment on the plate, lay the fish over and top with some ginger.
3. Steam the fish with high heat for 11 minutes, pour away any liquid and discard spring onion and ginger, place fresh julienned ginger and spring onion on the fish.
4. In a small pan, heat up 2 tablespoons of oil, pour the hot oil over the fish and slowly pour in the fish soy sauce from the side of the fish.
5. Garnish with coriander and chili and serve hot.