One 500g Jade Perch (whole or fillet, according to preference)
8 Cherry Tomatoes
4 cloves of Garlic
1/4 of a round Cabbage
1/4 of a Japanese Pumpkin
1/2 an Onion
Few sprigs of Thyme
A pinch of your preferred herb
Salt and Pepper to taste
Lime/ Lemon wedges
Serves 3-4 people as a side dish
1. Preheat your oven to 200°C
2. Line a baking dish with aluminium foil and top with baking paper.
3. Cut up all your vegetables to roughly the same size, smash up the garlic and place it all on the baking dish.
4. Coat the vegetables, tomatoes and thyme with a hint of olive oil, season it slightly with some salt and pepper and sprinkle the dried herbs in them before tossing it up to ensure even seasoning on all the vegetables. Place into oven for around 15 mins.
5. Score the fish/fillet on its skin lightly avoiding slicing too much into the flesh of the fish. Season both sides of the fish with salt and pepper and lightly coat it with some oil.
6. Remove baking dish from the oven, your vegetables should look slightly charred, pile it up to form a slight platform and place your fish/ fillet on top and put the dish back into the oven.
7. If you are baking just the fillet, the dish will be done in 8-10 mins. If you are baking the entire fish, bake it for 10 mins on one side, flip the fish the other way, and bake it for another 8 mins.
8. Remove dish from the oven and plate accordingly, best served up with a spritz of lemon or lime juice. Bon Appetit!